Meet MichaelMy wife, Marissa, and I moved to Edina almost 20 years ago, and it has been a welcoming and wonderful community to raise our children Alexander (7th grade) and Mackenzie (5th grade), and for our dog, Louis. On any given weekend, you’ll find me walking to Jerry’s for their famous donuts, cheering my daughter’s basketball game, working towards my black belt in taekwondo, or enjoying outdoor activities year round.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEI have served as the Chief Executive Officer and President at a number of health technology and sales engagement organizations. In those roles, I have managed large and diverse teams and multi-million dollar budgets. I understand how to engage others to drive to a common purpose and the power of collaboration with broad stakeholders.
- Experienced in strategic planning, operational process flows, financial management, human capital, and risk management.
- Successful in strategies that drive long-term growth, business and market repositioning, financial and operational accountability, and managing expectations of boards of directors, entrepreneurial investors, clients, and communities.
- Master of Business Administration - Carlson School of Management, U of MN Twin Cities
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - University of Arizona, Tucson - Economics & Finance
I have been an active volunteer in the Edina community for many years, in the following roles:
- Edina Test the Nest – Volunteer, 2021
- City of Edina Heritage Preservation Commission - Board Member & Chairperson, 2013 - 2021
- Doing Good Together, Non-profit Charitable Organization, Board Member & Treasurer, 2013 – Present
- Edina Soccer Association – Youth Coach Boys & Girls Pre K – 6th Grade, 2013 – Present
- City of Edina 2018 Comprehensive Plan Committee - Member, 2017-2018
- City of Edina Zoning Appeals Board – Board Member, 2009 – 2011
I am so proud of the collaborative work I have been able to do and the opportunity to work with so many fabulously dedicated Edina citizens.